Vascular Flexibility Restored/Increasing Vo2 Max
Dr. Bob Rhondell Gibson was a M.D. internal medicine, orthomolecular doctor, M.D. psychiatrist, chiropractor, and healer for 65 years. He was a diabetic who lived to 108 years with only 1 side effect 2 years before he passed away. Dr. Bob practiced a system of medicine called orthomolecular medicine. It is a system of medicine that uses mainly natural substances that are non-toxic and safe in wide range of doses. It uses mainly herbs and minerals/vitamins.
Dr. Bob Gibson believed that one method to increase Vo2 Max, decrease the amount of stress on the vascular system. Stress chemicals degrade oxygen. By limiting the stress chemicals you optimize the amount of available oxygen
The following are Dr. Bob’s recommendations:
1. Alpha lipoic acid 100-300 mg per day in divided doses. It helps decrease stress chemicals. We recommend sustained release lipoic acid, as this can stay in the body working for 4-5 hours at a time. Alpha lipoic acid typically breaks down in the body rapidly and so a sustained release supplement may be better. We carry this product on our product page of this web site.
2. 1-2 grams a day of Acetyl-L-Carniitne. It helps decrease the stress chemicals and works well with alpha lipoic acid. It can be energizing and is recommended to take early in the day so it does not interfere with sleep cycles.
3. Drinking a lot of water before exercise. Keeping water volume high tends to keep blood pressure from rising during strenuous exercise. Higher blood pressure would likely increase sympathetic system activity, leading to higher levels of stress chemicals such as catecholamine. Catecholamine and its breakdown products can degrade oxygen. Lower blood volume, such as with dehydration tend to increase blood pressure. Drinking water can help maintain normal blood pressure during strenuous exercise.
4. A baby aspirin before exercise. This keeps the blood thinner. Thinner blood can carry more oxygen. Do not exceed the dose Dr. Bob recommended for the aspirin.
5. Ginsana with extract G-115. Increasing utilization of oxygen can improve Vo2 Max. The extract G-115 found in the supplement ginsana has proven research to increase oxygen utilization. This supplement works best when you start taking it several weeks ahead of anticipated sports or exercise.
NOTE – In order for these nutritional ideas to be successful, you must use supplements of the highest quality. Dr. Bob often said, “Almost all supplement companies produce poor quality.” You can consider the product page of this web site. Almost all the products met Dr. Bob’s approval. Since he passed away we have attempted to keep the same high standards.
WARNING: DO NOT STOP ANY TREATMENT OR MEDICATION YOU CURRENTLY USE. CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING THE USE OF SUPPLEMENTS.
Thanks for coming to the web site. Go with the flow and contribute to the music of the motion. If you are happy with any information found on this web site, please consider a donation.
The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated any of the statements contained on this web site. The information contained in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Remember each person’s body is different and will react differently to various herbal, vitamin and mineral supplements. Therefore, any supplementation must be administered on an individual basis. Use the information found on this web site as precisely that: Information. You and your doctor must make any final decisions. This information is not meant to replace any doctor and patient consultation. This information should in no way replace your personal physician’s advice.
Direct inquires about the site to the Web master. Remember to refresh the site to view new additions.
Page Last Modified: 01DEC02