Dr. Bob was a MD internal medicine, orthomolecular doctor, MD psychiatrist, chiropractor, and healer 65 years. He was a diabetic who lived to 108 years with only 1 side effect 2 years before he passed away. Dr. Bob practiced a system of medicine called orthomolecular medicine. It is a system of medicine that uses mainly natural substances that are non-toxic and safe in wide range of doses. It uses mainly herbs and minerals/vitamins.
Dr. Bob’s ideas about children:
1. Consider Whey milk as a substitute for milk or soymilk.
2. Children should consider drinking regular fat milk until age 8 years, and then use reduced fat milks.
3. Parents should consider for their children a multivitamin and mineral each day
4. For 4 years old and up 250 mg – 1 gram of DHA daily.
5. Use Alka seltzer, carbonated water, or fruit juices with carbonation for indigestion such as gas, belly hurts, acid, etc. Adults can do the same for themselves. Even bicarbonate in sodas can work, although sodas contain caffeine that children do not need.
1. Buy a refrigerator that is children’s size. Pack the refrigerator with yogurt, juice, fruit, and other excellent foods. Keep it stocked with healthy foods.
2. Keep the product Xlear at home for emergency use. Xlear can be purchased at www.xlear.com. Is great for mucous problems in helping to decrease mucous. Is most excellent for earaches! So far I have used this product for an earache in a four-year-old 3 times. The four-year-old had a prior history of severe earaches. Xlear cleared up the first two earaches in 10 minutes! The third time did not clear up right away. Added a large glass of water (principle-water puts out fire, so use water to cool fever and earache) and 1000 mg of vitamin C. Earache cleared up in one hour. An 8 year old same thing happened. Xlear did not work right away. Added 1 glass of water and 1000mg of vitamin C. Earache gone in 1 hour. Used in earache in adult, cleared up right away. I used it for an earache I was having and it cleared up in about an hour. I have heard similar stories from other users of Xlear.
3. The supplement NAC, N-acetyl-cysteine, is considered in alternative medicine to reduce mucous. Base the dose on the age, weight, stress of illness, and so on. An often-recommended adult dosage is 250 mg per day and the usual weight for an adult is considered 180 pounds. So a 90 pound child, consider about 125 mg as a possible dosage.
4. Have children drink water daily. Dark urine indicates urine is too concentrated and need to drink more water.
5. Itching, skin problems, etc consider a bath in baking soda. Dose can be small scoop size. Baking soda is very antibacterial and often can provide solutions to microorganism problems.
6. For hyperactivity, constipation, or diarrhea, go to the site directory under Autism and read the articles. Although the articles are written for autistic children, the ideas can apply to most children, healthy or otherwise.
7. Try and teach children the proper way to breath-belly breathing. When you inhale our belly expands like a balloon, and when you exhale your belly moves inward.
8. If you are going to give junk food to your children, then offer the junk food as rewards for eating excellent foods such as vitamins, yogurt, fruit, vegetables, etc.
9. Tomato paste is considered a highly antioxidant food. There are new methods and technology to help discover the secrets of foods and supplements. Some of the newest technology indicates that a few certain foods offer more protection and repair function to the body then most other supplements or food. Tomato paste and berries are high on this list of protective foods. The new technology uses the concept of ORAC’s as the measurement of antioxidant ability and tomato paste and berries are high in ORAC’s. Thus, spaghetti with lots of tomato sauce, strawberries, apricots, cherries, blue berries, and other berries and a few other fruit are highly protective foods for children.
10. Children often take long baths. Most tap water is considered high in toxic materials. Even when tap water is considered safe there are often hundreds of toxins in the water anyway. Baths of 15 minutes or longer, the bath water can penetrate into the bloodstream, as if you had been drinking the water instead of bathing. It may be wise to consider short baths of about 5 minutes or showers using a filtered showerhead.
11. Consider air filters for children with allergy, asthma, and other sensitivities.
12. Consider distilled water for family consumption. Distilled water is pure water.
13. For a sore throat-gargle with honey, warm water, and vitamin C powder mixed together. Use this for any sores or conditions inside the mouth.
14. Reminder that all caffeine drinks dehydrates adults and children. If you let your child drink a soda, then you need to also get them to drink water to get back the lost fluid from dehydration.
15. Consider carefully the use of high amounts of fluoride in water and toothpaste. There are many ideas on this subject in books and the Internet. If your children begin to develop brown color on the teeth, this is considered a toxic symptom of excess fluoride. Low doses of fluoride may be beneficial.
16. Whey milk has lots of vitamins, proteins, and minerals. Add a little honey or small amount of chocolate and most kids will drink this beverage throughout the day. This is a way to get a lot of great nutrition for children.
17. Consider that stuffed animals, certain types of furniture, certain types of fabrics, and so on are filled with dust. Often you can spot dust in the air. Dust can lead to allergies, sensitivities, asthma attacks, and so on. Learn to limit dust. Make the bedroom a safe area, which is as dust free as possible. Only clean cloth should be worn inside the bedroom and only clean cloth should be worn to bed. To keep washing cloth limited, have the children hang up or put away their night cloths as soon as they wake up. Have the children dress or take off their cloths in another room, to limit dust in the bedroom. Vacuum and dust often in the bedroom.
18. The fingernail and tips of the fingers are often very dirty areas. Teach your children not to rub their eyes, noses, ears, etc with the tips of their fingers. A napkin or other sanitary methods are preferred.
19. Consider dust free bed covers and pillow covers.
20. Exercise helps boost immunity and build stronger bodies. For girls and boys gymnastics is considered one of the top forms of sports for health benefits. Other exercise that stresses the bones and muscle are excellent also. Jump roping, basketball, tennis, and other sports that stress the bones and muscles are excellent. Research studies are beginning to indicate that a high level of strength and fitness built as a child can have long term effects on limiting osteoporosis and other degenerating conditions of aging. What you teach your children now in regards to exercise can have a bearing on their health decades later.
21. Vaccinations--If you are in a country or places where your child will receive vaccinations then consider a few ideas to protect your child. There is research that indicates vitamin C is protective in some cases of vaccination. The dose used of vitamin C in some vaccination research was 1 gram on the day of the vaccination and 1-gram after the vaccination. You might even consider 250mg of vitamin C for a week prior to the vaccination and for a week after the vaccination. Another recommendation is to limit the number of shots to a maximum of 3 at any one time. Remember some shots have 2 or more vaccines in them. Count each vaccine, not each shot. If your child is sick or just recovering from illness, consider waiting a little longer before getting anymore vaccines. If your child is on antibiotics or been off them for only a short time, consider seriously not to have any vaccines until sufficient time as passed to recover from the effects of antibiotics to the body. There are many studies linking the use of antibiotics and disorders such as autism. Some studies are even using identical twins. There are cases where one twin will be on antibiotics and the other is not. Both twins will be vaccinated, but only the one using the antibiotics will develop severe symptoms of autism. Treat vaccinations seriously.
22. In school situations or preschool teach your child to always wash their hands after going to the bathroom. The oral-fecal route can transmit diseases. Perhaps the school can promote the idea of washing hands after each time anyone goes to the bathroom.
23. Drinking raw unpasteurized milk can increase the risk of bacterial diseases. Raw milk-borne diseases include a variety of diarrhea diseases.
24. The best teacher is your example. If you exercise, eat healthy foods, and so on, you will likely be pleasantly surprised as your children develop many of the same habits, foods, and choices you prefer.
25. Dr. Bob’s rule for bringing up children, always explain everything and do not use the word ‘no’, rather explain the situation. Always explain things until you are sure the child understands. This can result in children speaking like adults and acting like adults early in life. It can be a sense of pride and joy for parents. It is the only rule Dr. Bob had for bringing up children in regards to behavior.
Note – In order for these nutritional ideas to be
successful, you must use supplements of the highest quality. Dr. Bob often said,
“almost all supplement companies produce poor quality.”
You can consider the product page of this web site. Almost all the
products met Dr. Bob’s approval. Since
he passed away we have attempted to keep the same high standards.
WARNING: DO NOT STOP ANY TREATMENT OR MEDICATION YOU CURRENTLY USE. CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING THE USE OF SUPPLEMENTS.
Thank you for visiting this web site. Go with the flow and contribute to the music of the motion. If you are happy with any information found on this web site, please consider a .The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated any of the statements contained on this web site. The information contained in this article is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Remember each person's body is different and will react differently to various herbal, vitamin and mineral supplements. Therefore, any supplementation must be administered on an individual basis. Use the information found on this web site as precisely that: Information. You and your doctor must make any final decisions. This information is not meant to replace any doctor and patient consultation. This information should in no way replace your personal physician's advice.
Updates *What's New*
Direct inquires about the site to the Web master. Remember to refresh the site to view new additions.
Page Last Modified: 26 Sep 2004